Sunday, February 23, 2014

Maple and brown sugar oatmeal

I've discovered that oatmeal made in the rice cooker is simple and incredibly flavorful, with a wonderful old-fashioned texture. I keep losing the recipes I've jotted down on index cards, so I'm putting them here so I can find them easily. The first one is maple and brown sugar oatmeal.

  • 2 cups old-fashioned oats 
  • 4 cups of water
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
Mix ingredients together in rice cooker and turn it on. It's that simple!

(note: we like our oatmeal very thick around here. If you like yours thinner, you can either add milk to the finished product, or add more water at the beginning. Also, I tend to serve this with sliced bananas on top, and a glass of milk at the side.)

No comments:

Post a Comment