Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gratitude day #2

I'm fighting off a bit of a flu bug, so today I am grateful for my health (usually). My body has issues - I'm overweight and losing it is a struggle. I have fibromyalgia, and deformed hips, and lower back issues that make mobility difficult.

But you know what else I have? I have two legs. Two arms. Hands that can create beautiful things and delicious meals. My body has grown three children to term (and seriously, when I give that any thought, the miracle of it still awes and humbles me). My skin is clear, my face is attractive, my hair is thick and lush.

I have eyes that can see. Ears that can hear. A nose that is particularly sensitive, which comes in handy identifying seasonings and ingredients. I took that one for granted until I met my husband, who was born without a sense of smell...now I appreciate everything I smell, knowing some don't have that ability.

And best of all, I have a higher-than-average intelligence that allows me to enjoy learning. Research is, oddly, one of my favorite things to do. I love reading, learning, growing, expanding - mind puzzles, philosophy, conundrums, etc. I would be utterly bored without my brain!

So today I am grateful for my health, and my body - the blessings I have been given far outweigh the negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment